Suzanne Walker has been a certified counselor, licensed therapist and life coach, located in Lake Bluff, Illinois.
She worked with both adults and adolescents with a variety of issues, specializing in substance use and mood disorders, specifically bipolar disorder. She worked in substance abuse treatment for over 20 years as a counselor, manager and program developer, with a focus on adolescents. She taught psychology and addiction at Trinity University for 8 years and maintained her private practice from 1996 until her retirement in 2017. In recent years Suzanne penned a guide for parents and professionals on adolescent substance abuse, how to identify it and how to treat it, entitled HELP PARENTS HELP KIDS Fight Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Phone: 847-502-1429. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- Illinois Association of Student Assistance Professionals , (past member Board of Governors) The above were active until her retirement in 2017.