Suzanne has been working in the substance abuse field for over 20 years in the capacity of counselor, educator, marketer, program manager and site director. Beginning with the Parkside division of Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois, she moved to Forest Hospital in Des Plaines, Illinois and finally to Rush Behavioral Health of Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, where she opened an intensive outpatient program for adolescents in Lake Forest, Illinois in 1999. During that time she also served as adjunct professor at Trinity International University in Deerfield, Illinois for eight years, teaching in the area of psychology and addiction. In 2003, she was promoted to the Program Director position for Rush Behavioral Health in Lake Forest, where she was responsible for all clinical and administrative functions. She served in this position for close to five years before devoting herself full time to private practice.
Suzanne’s first love has always been her clinical work. The treatment experience of working with dual diagnosed patients, and the combination of training as a certified alcohol and drug counselor and as a licensed clinical professional counselor, proved useful. With training that goes beyond substance use, Suzanne’s work has led to a major focus on mood disorders, including bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, process addictions, transitional issues, and marriage therapy. Patients are primarily adults, couples, families and adolescents. She has maintained her private practice since 1996.
- Bachelor’s degree. DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana. 1975.
- Masters in Counseling Psychology. Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. 1994.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & AFFILIATIONS
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC).
- American Counseling Association,
- Illinois Counseling Association
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- Illinois Association of Student Assistance Professionals, (past member of board of governors).